Sharing your digitised photos on social media is a great way to reminisce with friends and loved ones about precious memories. One of the benefits of social media is that it lets you reconnect with people from earlier in life, such as schoolmates or childhood friends, or even distant relatives. Here are a few tips on how you can easily share your digitised memories:
- If you aren’t already on one of the popular social networking sites such as Facebook or Instagram, then your first step is to subscribe. Choose the social network that you know your friends and family are already on. In exchange for some of your information such as name, date of birth and email address, you’ll be set up with your own social networking account.
- After creating your account, you’ll need to add your friends. Each of the social networkings has its own way of adding friends, but the easiest way is to search using the first name and last name of your contacts. If there are multiple people with the same name in the search results, you can use the profile pictures to confirm. Of course, if you already know their handles, then that’s even better.
- Once you’ve added your friends, then it’s time to create an album. Go to the Photos section of your profile to create a new album that you can then share with your friends and contacts. Put a description on the album or use a distinct title to help your friends know what the album is about.
- Usually, new albums are set to “Private” by default. You’ll need to modify the privacy settings and then invite your friends to view the album. This ensures you share the photos only with the people you want to. Just remember to exercise proper internet safety! If you have photos that you wouldn’t want people to see, then it’d be better not to upload them at all.
- The final and most relevant step is to actually upload the photos. Once the album is set up and friends are invited, then it’s time to select the digitised photos you want to share and upload them into the album. Once that’s done, your friends will be notified and you can then reminisce together through the comments section of each photo.
Are you ready to digitise your old photos so you can share them on social media? Photos2Archive can take care of scanning your photos from paper to digital. Reach out to us and one of our professional experts can help you breathe new life into old photos.